Change can be scary. Especially if it is unexpected. But even planned changes, such as choosing to change jobs, getting a promotion, or deciding to move can be uncomfortable and a little scary.
The questions below can help you take a step back from your discomfort and get a better perspective on the situation.
- What’s the bigger picture?
- What am I not seeing about this change that could be advantageous long-term?
Thinking long-term about the bigger picture and the possibilities that might exist has hopefully calmed you down. Now ask yourself:
- What exactly is happening?
- What has changed?
- What have I lost?
- What have I gained?
- Why is all this happening?
Now that you have taken time to gain some clarity about what exactly is happening, it’s important that the next thing you do is to respond in the best possible way to help you move forward with purpose. Continue asking yourself:
- What am I able to control?
- How must I adapt?
- What sacrifices must I potentially make in order to adapt?
- What must I potentially let go of in order to adapt?
- What are my options moving forward?
- Who could potentially help me move forward in a positive way?
- What positive action could I take right now?
As you work through these questions, it’s important that you set reasonable expectations. And then take immediate positive action!
If your change involves a move, contact us today, we’d love to help! At the Mama Bear Team, we work hard to make your change as smooth and painless as possible, protecting you with every move you make…