By Kelsey Roa
Do you own a vacation property that you rent independently or on VRBO or AirBnB? Whether your guests are on a romantic weekend away, enjoying a girl’s/boy’s trip, reunion weekend or a family vacation, the little details and decor make all of the difference in the guest experience. There are so many ways to upgrade your vacation rental without breaking the bank. Use these tips to help your guests create lasting vacation memories for a lifetime!
1. Hang local art and souvenirs on your walls to create a unique design experience that gives your guests a taste of local flair.
2. Supply plenty of hangers in your closets. Up the ante with skirt hangers and heavy-duty hangers for formal wear, too. Your guests will thank you!
3. Invest in comfortable pillows. There is nothing worse than a lumpy pillow! Your guests will appreciate a pleasant night’s rest and sweet dreams.
4. Color palettes matter! Choose your color palette based on the surrounding terrain. Think ocean blues for a beachside vacation rental, and rustic chic greens for a mountainside retreat.
5. Select plush bedding. There is nothing more inviting to guests than a comfortable bed with plenty of blankets and soft sheets. If you make one investment, choose great bedding. As it becomes worn throughout the years, be sure to replace it. It doesn’t hurt to include soft towels and even robes, too.
6. Kitchen functionality is KEY! Make sure your kitchen is equipped with the proper tools for making a meal and plenty of plates, cups, and silverware. Travelers love a functional kitchen, especially when traveling with young kids. It’s also a good idea to supply basic cooking needs such as oils, salt and pepper, etc.
7. Proper lighting is a plus. A well-lit space creates an inviting atmosphere and is also very functional. Floor lamps and bedside lamps for reading are always a good add.
8. Make it cozy. Travelers want to feel at home even when they are on vacation. Throw blankets, comfy pillows and soft rugs all go a long way in providing a comfortable stay and cozy atmosphere.
9. Keep your guests connected. High speed WIFI and streaming TV services are a MUST for today’s vacation rental. Some travelers still have to check in with work and business while on a trip, so providing the proper technology to keep them connected is crucial to a pleasant stay.
10. Eliminate unnecessary clutter. Clutter collects dust and makes your property harder to clean. Keep it simple.
11. Add a tea and coffee station. Nothing says “good morning” like a fresh, hot cup of coffee or tea. For a colder climate, consider including a hot chocolate station with all the fixings. And for an extra special touch: provide cream and different types of sweeteners to suit your guests’ tastes.
12. Write a personal welcome note. This really makes your guests feel welcome and appreciated. A handwritten welcome note is the perfect, special touch that will inspire a truly one-of-a-kind stay to remember!
Do you have any additional trips and tricks to create the perfect vacation rental space? Share your photos and ideas with us in the comment section.
Ready to invest in a vacation rental or residential rental property? Or just want to buy/sell a home for yourself? The Mama Bear Team offers exceptional real estate services every step of the way. Call (720) 767-2057 or contact us through our website to set an appointment to get started!